At the First Friday Breakfast on Feb. 3, 2017, a panel of experts assessed current efforts in the Denver area regarding anchor institutions and community development, and needs going forward.
- Dorothy Horrell, Chancellor, University of Colorado Denver
- Patrick Horvath, Senior VP for Economic Opportunity, Denver Foundation
- Dace West, Executive Director, Mile High Connects
- Robert McGranaghan, MPH, Director, Community-Campus Partnership and Senior Instructor, Department of Family Medicine, CU Anschutz Medical Campus
- Paul Casey, Lead Community Organizer at the Institute on the Common Good, Regis University
The panel was moderated by Danielle Varda, associate professor at the School of Public Affairs and evaluator of Baltimore’s anchor project for the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
Photos from the event are in the slideshow below, and a sample of Tweets posted during the event can be viewed at the bottom of this post.
A video recording is available on the School of Public Affairs YouTube playlist.
Tweets posted during the event: