In this Education Policy Networking Event on Nov. 18, 2015, we heard from experienced educators who have persisted when others leave, who continue to feel passionate about their work, and who have continued to withstand when others express cynicism. In other words, the teachers we have invited will reflect on “teaching through the storm.”
- Kevin Adams, Social Studies Teacher, Denver Center for International Studies (DCIS), DPS
- Sherry Anderson, English Teacher, North Middle School, Aurora Public Schools
- Jill Downie, Teacher, Bookcliff Middle School, Mesa County
- Jim Haynes, Science Teacher, Adams Middle School, Adams 14 Commerce City
- Ashley Sayre, Teacher, Greenlee Elementary School, DPS
The panel was moderated by Rebecca Kantor, Dean of the School of Education and Human Development at CU Denver.
Photos from the event can be viewed in the slideshow below, and a recording is available on YouTube.