The final Buechner Breakfast First Friday of the 2014-15 academic year focused on the role of public health in the changing healthcare reform landscape.
Attendees heard remarks from some of today’s leading thinkers on the future of public health and what it means for the people of Colorado. Panelists included:
- Dr. John Douglas, M.D., Executive Director, Tri-County Public Health Department
- Dr. Gabriel Kaplan, Ph.D., Chief, Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Branch in Prevention Services, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Dr. Judy Zerzan, M.D., Chief Medical Officer and Officer Director, Client Clinical Care Office, Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing
The panel was organized by Lisa VanRaemdonck, MPH/MSW, Executive Director, Colorado Association of Local Public Health Officials, and Dr. Danielle Varda, Associate Professor, School of Public Affairs. Lisa served as the moderator.
Each panelist gave a brief PowerPoint presentation as part of their remarks. Links to PDFs of their presentations can be found below:
- Dr. John Douglas M.D. presentation
- Dr. Gabriel Kaplan presentation
- Dr. Judy Zerzan M.D. presentation
Photos from the event can be viewed in the slideshow below.